The lovely fall weather that has graced central Texas leads me to yummy fall recipes. This is a very healthy and tasty soup that I like to enjoy with a piece of sprouted whole wheat toast. Even my meat with a side of meat eating husband likes it. Either that or he is humoring me by eating it when I make it.
- 3 Tbl evoo
- 4 carrots, diced small
- 4 celery stalks, diced small
- 1 med yellow onion, diced small
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup quick cooking barley
- 5 oz baby spinach
Original recipe found here. What is your favorite fall recipe?