It’s finally getting cold and cold weather makes me feel like
dancing baking. We are forever having the last banana go bad before we eat it. If this happens to you too, don’t throw that nana out! Toss it in the freezer. They will turn dark brown on the outside (see below.) Overripe nanas are perfect for banana bread. Save up a few and then use my recipe below. It has almost half the butter or sugar I’ve seen in other banana bread recipes and still tastes delicious.
- 3-4 overripe bananas, smashed (I leave em a lil chunky)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What to do:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350.
2. Lightly grease your 9×5 loaf pan
3. Combine the flour, baking powder and something else in a bowl.
4. In a second bowl, cream the brown sugar and butter.
5. Add the bananas and eggs to the creamed sugar and butter.
6. Add the wet mixture to the dry one, stirring until just mixed.
7. Pour into your loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes.
It is delicious as-is but I also like to spice it up occasionally with some nuts and cinnamon or nutmeg. What is your favorite thing to make when cold weather arrives?